Thursday, April 9, 2015

Introducing nirvhannah - Welcome!

Well. It's been three years since I started an account on Blogger, and I never thought I'd revamp it since my dreams of becoming head engineer for a Formula 1 team fell by the wayside and I fell out of blogging about the racing season. You can thank Uranus in my home sign of Aries for helping me revise my image, Saturn helping me realize that there is indeed a hell but there are indeed ways to avoid it (that big ringed jabberwocky in the 7th and 8th houses does things to you, need I say more), Neptune for helping me uncover my artistic voice and toning my Ram horns down a notch, and of course, Pluto being Pluto (NASA can stick it!). It was all just a matter of overcoming my fear of publicly shedding light on what goes on in this deep dark cranium of mine and writing it all down for the world to see. But nevertheless...
Hello!
My name is nirvhannah and I do nothing.
But in all seriousness, though...
I do stuff like this:
(Kurt Cobain in watercolor)

(Bjork in 3B graphite)

(Lorde in brush markers)

(Ben Shepherd and Matt Cameron in 3B graphite)

(Ben Shepherd in middle-grain black charcoal)

(Chad Channing in soft black charcoal)

and these, too, I should add:
(Soundgarden)

(Nirvana, with Dave and Chad)

on occasion, crap like this:
(Gol-Ben-da, a tribute to Rene Magritte and Ben Shepherd)

and every once in a while, something significant will happen, whether it's Xana la Fuente...

...Chris Cornell (yes)...

(he happened more than once, I should add)



...Dimitri Coats...

...NirvanaNews (the biggest Nirvana blog in the history of ever)...

...and I wasn't able to get a screenshot of it, but Chad Channing happened, too. And as with Mr. Cornell, more than once! Since the first incident with Mr. Cornell, I've considered letting one dollar from artistic commissions go to his charity IfOnly.com (merely an idea, but it's something I've taken into account numerous times).

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all.” -Oscar Wilde

I know what you're thinking (and if you asked me this two or three months ago, I literally would've asked the same thing with you), why does this kook matter? Why should I care about this rambling madwoman who talks like Penelope Garcia bullshitting through an academic paper, and thence named herself after a trio from Aberdeen and the one member of Soundgarden who everyone seems to misunderstand?
Well, it's very simple.
I'm just like you. I'm just a human being who loves what she does and finds conforming to a standard a waste of time. The only difference between you and me is our choice of careers. You do what you do—and whatever it is, I don't care what you say, you're probably fantastic at it—and I do what I do.
And I'm not going to be one of those artists who bores you with a pretentiously-written artist's statement (even though I sort of had to write one at one point, and I say that lightly, don't get me started on that nonsense). As I said up above, I've seen the dark side of the moon more times than I like since the tail-end of 2010. Many a number of ghastly things happened to me between then and now. But all things aside, I've seen the good in the world, like with the people mentioned above. I've also written to my dear Mr. Ben Shepherd (who's my hero, by the way) twice, because quite frankly, he deserves not one, but two, relics from my artistic library.
So, sit back, relax, smell the Violet Roses, take an ice cream cupcake, and bask in the Stone Pale pixie dust radiating from the sparkling sun, the lovely moon, lucky Jupiter, and my home planet of Mars.
Welcome 
to nirvhannahgarden~
What is nirvhannahgarden, you ask?
A fantastic world of magic built from a broken mind and a life that's tragic. Every day is spring, and everything is In Bloom. All who are different are welcome, and are on the receiving end of the love from nirvhannah.
Who is nirvhannah?

The alias of Hannah Christine Nicholson.
Who is Hannah Christine Nicholson?
A woman.
A woman who's been singed by the sun one too many times but her skin continued to rejuvenate and lighten with stardust. A woman who swam in the storm drains of hell but managed to climb out with the help of Apollo's light. A woman who lives to express herself from the heart.
A woman who doesn't really smile much...


...but has a lot to sing about.

No comments:

Post a Comment